The Action PROFEEDBACK (PlatfoRm OF policy Evaluation community for improvED EU policies and Better ACKnowledgement) aims to foster the networking of the policy evaluation community at EU-level, raise awareness on the importance of evaluation policy research and improve its impact on policy-making. The Platform, following a bottom-up and open approach, will gather researchers and professionals from various scientific fields and sectors to present and evaluate theories, topics, tools and methods of policy evaluation. Results of the Europe-wide assessment of good practices will provide direct and high-quality inputs for national and EU bodies responsible for policy evaluation.
Policy evaluation is a key tool in understanding, developing and modernising EU policies, thus there is growing demand for EU-wide and high quality evaluation services. The main challenge is that currently there is no bottom-up platform for European researchers and professionals working in policy evaluation. They have limited possibilities to discuss common problems, assess country specific practices and share their knowledge in a mutually beneficial and effective way.
PROFEEDBACK aims to tackle this challenge with an innovative, complex, cross-sectoral and multidisciplinary approach by:
- analysing the theoretical and methodological questions of evaluation policy research putting special focus on Cohesion Policy,
- enriching scientific research of policy evaluation and addressing new challenges,
- harmonizing fragmented approaches to set the research agenda and to get a common understanding,
- contributing to the capacity building of the policy evaluation community,
- involving national and EU policy-makers and the civil society to contribute to evidence-based policymaking,
- framing a Code of Conduct for the policy evaluation community.
Keywords: policy evaluation - evaluation research - evaluation community
Research Coordination Objectives
- Development of a common understanding/definition of the subject matter
- Promoting multidisciplinarity and addressing horizontal topics through the comparison and performance assessment of various methods
- Knowledge exchange through EU-wide coordination
- Input and support to stakeholders (e.g. policymakers)
- Dissemination of research results to the general public or stakeholders
- Fostering knowledge exchange and the development of a joint research agenda around a topic of scientific and socio-economic relevance
- Bridging separate fields of science/disciplines to achieve breakthroughs that require an interdisciplinary approach
- Acting as a stakeholder platform or transnational practice community
- Involving specific target groups